[XML-SIG] CORBA compliance for the DOM in Python?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:49:23 -0500 (EST)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
 > Just to clarify.  We actually plan to implement both "node.parent" and
 > "node._get_parent()", with the former just being a __setattr__ wrapper for the

Uche,
  I was planning to keep the __getattr__/__setattr__ support as well,
simply because it's a lot easier to read client code that way,
especially if there's a good bit of it.  My DOM code isn't that
extensive, but I find readability an issue already.

 > I'm not sure the argument is entirely over.  If it is, I think it's time to
 > start on a sketch of Python-DOM binding document.  If eventually a different

  Is there a need for a Python-specific binding document if we're
compliant with the IDL mapping?  Well, I guess I can see where that
would be useful for people that aren't working with CORBA at all, and
perhaps to document/"suggest" the use of __[gs]etattr__ to claim to be
more "Pythonic."

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>