[XML-SIG] xml.apache.org

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:12:03 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:
> What's interesting is that the Xerces-Perl support is implemented on
> top of Xerces-C.  Usually wrapping C++ interfaces into a scripting
> language requires tricky contortions, but perhaps Xerces has an
> API that's more suited for wrapping.  Does anyone have experience with
> it?

Isn't this easier for the Perl guys because the Perl core uses C++?

I looked at IBM's XML4C package a while back. A bazillion C++ classes all
over the place. I don't know what it is about C++, but most C++
programmers seem to want to write a class for this and that, the other
thing, their sister, and for their little dog, too. I shook my head at the
beast and haven't looked back.
(figuring that if somebody really wanted XML4C plugged into mod_dav, then
 they can do the work...)

Cheers,
-g

--