[XML-SIG] foo.bar vs. foo.get_bar()

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:03:55 -0500 (EST)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
 > Yes, but a large part of the DOM REC can't be followed using pure attributes
 > without __[g/s]etattr__.  I know that one can choose to implement subsets and
 > approximations to the W3C DOM that don't run into such problems, but that
 > doesn't suit everyone's needs.  Some of us are looking for full DOM
 > compliance, and that's why we're dealing with these issues.

  The W3C recommendation gives IDL, and there is a Python IDL
syntax I described is the result, and is (however ugly) conformant
with the W3C DOM recommendation.
  I think I understand why the binding is the way it is, but I don't
know if IDL attributes are intended to support updatable values.  This
would require digging around the CORBA spec a bit.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>