[XML-SIG] Re: foo.bar vs. foo.get_bar()

David Ascher da@ski.org
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 23:09:15 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Paul sez:

> http://x43.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=268185266&CONTEXT=941863506.472907815&hitnum=5
>
> Looking back, I see that David Ascher said at the time that it was more
> trouble than it was worth. He may or may not have changed his mind
> considering the headaches he has outline.

Wow. Talk about having one's words fed back two years later! Yes, I think
that I'm coming around to your point of view, Paul.

I'm not at all sure whether we can come up with reasonable semantics of a
class which defines both __getattr__ and __get_foo__, and how subclassing
would affect things, though.  A useful discussion for Python 2.0 in any
case.

(I note that this was back in prehistory when Guido read the newsgroup =)

--david