[XML-SIG] foo.bar vs. foo.get_bar()

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 21:42:55 -0500 (EST)

Carey Evans writes:
>Has anyone tried this?  PyDOM includes __getattr__ and __setattr__,
>but doesn't actually use them.  As a simple test, I ran a small

<startled blink> Huh?  Doesn't use them?  Are you sure this is with
the current version of PyDOM?   It most certainly will not work
without the __getattr__; the test suite crashes when you try it

(Internally, though, the code never uses bar attributes like
.parentNode, calling .get_parentNode() to save the expense of going
through __getattr__ to call .get_parentNode(), so the stuff in
dom.core.py might well work without the __getattr__ method.  Callers
will definitely break, though.)

Mathematics transfigures the fortuitous concourse of atoms into the tracery of
the finger of God.
    -- Herbert Westren Turnbull