[XML-SIG] foo.bar vs. foo.get_bar()

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:33:00 -0500 (EST)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
 > Unfortunately, there is no specification for CORBA attributes in the do-sig
 > Python binding.  I don't recall any discussion on the topic as long as I've

  That doesn't sound good at all.  Let me take a quick look...
  Ok, in the 2-Aug-1999 document from the OMG archive (I think that's
current), at the top of page 17 (section 4.4):

	"If an interface defines an attribute name, the attribute is
         mapped into an operation _get_name, as defined  If the
         attribute is not readonly, there is an additional operation
         _set_name, as defined in chapter 3.11 of CORBA 2.2.  These
         operations may raise exceptions, as defined by the CORBA
         Components submission (orbos/99-04-16)."

(The weird ending of the first sentence is a correct quote.)
  So, it looks like we should be writing node._get_parent().  *Really*
ugly, but if compliance is what matters, that's compliance.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>