[XML-SIG] easySAX

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 21 May 1999 16:02:18 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew M. Kuchling writes:
 > 	The public CVS tree is mirrored from the CVS tree on my
 > machine at home, so the answer is yes. :)

  Perhaps this can be moved to cvs.python.org or the starship, if you
don't object?

 > 	I certainly think easySAX would be a good addition to the XML
 > package.  It would be even better if easySAX was small enough to be

  I understood easySAX to depend on the parsers from the xml package;
if it is, then adding it to the standard library won't help unless it
includes a driver for xmllib (at which point you may as well just use
xmllib).

 > added to the Python library.  One problem is that you have to choose
 > between using the XML package and just xmllib.py, particularly for
 > applications that aren't aimed at XML-aware users, but simply use XML

  This reminds me:  I still want to look at xml.parsers.xmllib to make
the interface match that of xmllib.  While I may complain about
namespaces and the interface for them, proliferating incompatible
interfaces won't help the situation.
  Not sure when I'll have time; I really need to update t1python now
that I've updated my Linux installation at home.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>