[XML-SIG] SAX2: Parser features

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
28 Mar 1999 16:32:18 +0200

The list below is copied directly from David Megginsons latest
proposal. I think we should just include these. Does anyone have
additions they'd like to see, or arguments against any of these?

Note that all features are optional.

http://xml.org/sax/features/validation
  Validate (true) or don't validate (false).

http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities
  Expand external general entities (true) or don't expand (false).

http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities
  Expand external parameter entities including the external DTD subset
  (true) or don't expand (false).

http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces
  Preprocess namespaces (true) or don't preprocess (false).  See also
  the http://xml.org/sax/properties/namespace-sep property.

http://xml.org/sax/features/normalize-text
  Ensure that all consecutive text is returned in a single callback to
  DocumentHandler.characters or DocumentHandler.ignorableWhitespace
  (true) or explicitly do not require it (false).

http://xml.org/sax/features/use-locator
  Provide a Locator using the DocumentHandler.setDocumentLocator
  callback (true), or explicitly do not provide one (false).