[XML-SIG] New DOM code checked in

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 14:12:05 -0800

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> Just a heads-up: after fixing some minor bugs, I'm now confident
> enough to commit the revised DOM code to the CVS repository.  If you
> can afford to risk it, please check out a copy, try it with your
> DOM-using code, and let me know -- loudly -- if something breaks.

I would posit that you are too tentative with releases. Drop a 0.6 if
you've made a bunch of code changes. Nothing to be afraid of. If you
think that users not-in-the-know would get burned, then alter the web
page to list a "semi-stable" and "development" version (0.5 and 0.6
respectively).

In the past, you've also suggested a 0.5.1 ... probably no reason for
that since you're pre-1.0 anyhow. Just bump to 0.6.

"release early, release often"

For myself, I drop a release once add'l functionality has been added.
This allows everybody to test it, rather than those who set up CVS and
pull a copy down.

Cheers,
-g

--