[XML-SIG] Major upcoming DOM changes in CVS

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:43:38 -0700

> BTW, once the DOM code has settled down again, I'd like to implement
> namespace handling for it, but I don't think anyone's proposed what
> that interface should look like.  Anyone have suggestions?

Ha!  Wouldn't it serve us all well if the flipping W3C DOM WG would get its
act together.  I just got through venting sulphur on another group about the
W3C's having published a new level 2 spec with a heading for Namespaces, but
no content.  Yet they made a raft of incoherent changes to the obscure area of
node iterator fix-ups.  I only glanced through even the CSS and Event model
sections, but they looked to have received a lot of work as well.  Once again,
it seems the DOM WG is entirely in the service of browser vendors.

We keep hoping to wait for the W3C to define an interface before implementing
NS in 4DOM.  We already use them in several projects (including 4XSL, of
course), and we're OK if we avoid any defaulting.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants