[XML-SIG] Major upcoming DOM changes in CVS

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
18 Mar 1999 08:27:48 +0100

* Andrew M. Kuchling

| On the other hand, for tonight I'm planning to finally work on a DOM
| test suite,

May I humbly request that another feature be added?  A user-settable
factory for creating nodes would be very useful, especially for
PyPointers, which need ID support to be of much use.  The main reason
why they haven't been ported to the new DOM is the lack of this
feature.  (If somebody has added this lately, please tell me.)

I think 4DOM has a factory, and if so it would be nice if both DOMs
used the same interface for this.

--Lars M.