[XML-SIG] Newbie question not answered? (was "RE: [XML-SIG] XML-Howto update--->Where?")

Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:02:12 -0500

>The question is where to find the most recent complete XML package?
>The original note (below) detailed the places I tried
>unsuccessfully.

To get the latest code you can use CVS.  CVS is free too.  The zip files on
the HTML page are usually a month or two old.

This page gives the CVS commands to get the latest code.
http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/anon-cvs.html

The instructions neglect to tell us to set the environment variable "HOME"
to the directory that you want the xml package copied to.  Once you do
that, it should work.

After you get the xml package you should copy xml\windows\*.dll to
xml\parsers.  You should also copy xml\expat\bin\*.dll to a directory in
your path (I just throw them in my Python directory).