[XML-SIG] Newbie question not answered? (was "RE: [XML-SIG] XML-Howto update--->Where?")

Wes Rishel wes@rishel.com
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:02:38 -0800

Perhaps I am asking the wrong list, or the answer is just so obvious
that I am wasting people's time. I apologize if that is so, and I
will accept any advice, no matter how deeply enclosed in flames...

The question is where to find the most recent complete XML package?
The original note (below) detailed the places I tried
unsuccessfully.

I only have Windows available and I do not currently have a C/C++
development environment set up. If the answer is that I must setup a
development environment, I will do so, as much as I would prefer to
spend my time writing Python code. I would be grateful for any
advice in terms of which environment to set up. (If it comes to a
choice of spending a few hundred bucks more and facing less hassle
to set up the environment, I would up to spend the money and save
the time.)

Thanks in advance.

Wes

http://www.python.org/topics/xml/docs.html contains the documents
that
Ghreman is and Kuchling are probably referring to, but only as a set
of
discrete HTML files.

http://www.python.org/topics/xml/download.html contains a link to
http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml-0.4.tgz

which is advertised as "the complete package" and seemingly has not
changed since 8/6/98.

http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/ contains no files that
have
changed since Dec 4.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, one recognizes that those who are busy advancing the state of
the
code base need to minimize the time spent documenting, but someone
might
consider bringing http://www.python.org/topics/xml/download.html up
release 0.5, since it has been out for nearly three months.

Being a newby, I struggled with rel 4 for a long time, because the
page
seemed authoritative and I was not sure of the status of stuff in
the
bare .../files directory.