[XML-SIG] HtmlBuilder

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:46:11 -0500 (EST)

I said:
 > [...] I think having an "HTML Fixer" class would be really nice!

Daniel Biddle replied:
 > You might want to take a look at HTML Tidy then:

  Yes, I'm aware of HTML Tidy.  I was thinking not so much of cleaning
up the HTML for a site as being able to load it into an arbitrary
program.  I've no beef with Dan, but having it as a Python class can
be useful as well; this would definately be nice in the context of a
Web browser or, perhaps, a program that performs transformations of
pages, even even converts HTML documents to some other format
(PostScript leaps to mind).  There's a certain impedence mismatch
between stylesheet application and ill-formed documents.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191