[XML-SIG] HtmlBuilder

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:31:03 -0500 (EST)

Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com writes:
  [on ignoring bogus end tags]
>I like the idea of allowing the user to toggle raising exceptions or
>ignoring the error.

Indeed.  Here's a proposal for the interface:

b = HTMLBuilder( ignore_mismatched_end_tags = 1 )

	(This would be implemented by allowing keyword arguments to
the constructor, and saving a copy of the keyword dictionary.  That
allows for new options in future, and saves the constructor from
having lots of lines like
self.ignore_mismatched_end_tags = ignore_mismatched_end_tags .)

	The default behaviour would be to raise an exception, which is
in keeping with Python's general philosophy.

Athens built the Acropolis. Corinth was a commercial city, interested in
purely materialistic things. Today we admire Athens, visit it, preserve the
old temples, yet we hardly ever set foot in Corinth.
    -- Harold Urey