[XML-SIG] newbie HTMLBuilder question; avoiding HTML escaping

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:41:04 -0500 (EST)

Dickon Reed writes:
>HTML). I can't however find a simple way of getting this through the
>HTMLBuilder without it being escaped by the doText method of
>XmlWriter. Am I missing something obvious? What is the best way of try
>to do this?

HTMLBuilder is trying to produce a proper DOM tree, and therefore the
right thing to do is to create EntityReference nodes.  Unfortunately,
neither the HTMLBuilder class, nor the Builder class from which
HTMLBuilder derives, provides a method to do that.  This is an
omission in the Builder classes.

	The solution is, therefore, to add a handle_entityref() method
to HTMLBuilder's parsing, and an entityReference() method to the
Builder class.  I'll work on this tonight, and try to get the changes
checked in before tomorrow.

What on earth is less likely than *two* committees to produce a seamless web
of anything but intrigue and deficit? Who said "three committees"?
    -- Stan Kelly-Bootle, _The Computer Contradictionary_