[XML-SIG] SAX prettyprinter V2 and SGMLOP

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
24 Jan 1999 18:17:08 +0100

* Christian Tismer

| Playing a little more with sgmlop, I realized that it doesn't
| resolve entities when run under SAX.
|
| [...]  Should I try to add this, or forget about SAX and use sgmlop
| directly?

If it's possible, I'd very much like either you or me to add it to the
driver. As far as I can see one must set a handle_entity handler that
does this somehow. Don't know the exact details, though.

| If no entityresolver is defined, should'nt the standard entities
| < > & be resolved internally?

Yes. This is part of the XML recommendation. However, EntityResolver
is only used for external entities, not internal ones.

--Lars M.