[XML-SIG] SAX prettyprinter V2 and SGMLOP

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
23 Jan 1999 16:03:38 +0100

* Fredrik Lundh

| on the other hand, looks like people don't care about back- wards
| compatibility any more.  xmllib in 1.5.2b1 silently broke ALL our
| existing XML code (including xmlrpclib).

Did you complain? It's still in beta, so they might revert back, no?

| I'm seriously considering to just ignore the standard stuff, and
| stick to our proprietary XML hacks in future applications...

Maybe you could use SAX? It won't break things if it is at all
possible to avoid it, and at least you'll a chance to voice your
opinion first here on the XML-SIG. And with mllib you can even get an
xmllib-like interface.

(I qualify this because two things may change: EntityResolver and
setLocale. Hopefully nobody will veto EntityResolver.)

--Lars M.