[XML-SIG] Documentation and problems

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
11 Jan 1999 23:42:04 +0100

* Frank McGeough

| I believe the
|
| 2. Call the parser factory with the name of a known driver module, e.g.,
| SAXparser=xml.sax.saxexts.make_parser("xml.sax.drivers.drv_xmlproc")
|
| is incorrect.  The saxexts.py has the following code in it:
| parser_name = 'xml.sax.drivers.drv_' + parser_name
|
| therefore you should create the parser with :
|
| SAXparser=xml.sax.saxexts.make_parser("xmlproc")

It now turns out that the version of saxexts.py in the CVS tree had
this change made by mistake. In other words, the behaviour that is
described here is not correct and so the document should remain as it
is (or was). I believe the error is fixed in the CVS tree now, but
can't check because of a local problem.

--Lars M.