[XML-SIG] XSL support?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 17:56:19 -0700

> I found a nice Java package called TeXML, made by IBM, which will
> generate TeX and HTML from some simple XML. As a means of getting
> deeper into the Python XML package I thought of trying to port it
> to Python. Now TeXML makes use of XSL and I can't remember having
> read anything about support for that in the Python XML packages.
> Is that so or am I utterly wrong?

That is so for now.  We are working on an XSL processor for Python, and it
should be available in alpha soon, but it won't at first support all matching
patterns, just the ones we have found most common, with the support growing in
further releases.

Porting TeXML to Python might be a heavy task to undertake for just "getting
deeper into the Python XML package".  It's pretty sophisticated, from my
experiments with it.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants