[XML-SIG] SQL -> XML ?

Steven R. Newcomb srn@techno.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:58:19 -0600

> Grove paradigm? Can you recommend any good
> pointers to learn more about this?

You might find Paul Prescod's paper interesting:
http://cito.uwaterloo.ca:80/~papresco/PySgml/PyGrove/

 ... but I'm not sure it will show you why I said
what I said in the XML-DEV list.  And Paul and I
debate lots of issues all the time (we work in the
same suite of offices at ISOGEN International in
Dallas), so it would be typical for me to find
something in it to disagree with.

There's also the relevant portion of the relevant
ISO standard (good luck deciphering its abstruse
and lawyerly language):

http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/document/n1920/html/clause-A.4.html

You might find it revealing to take a look at the
GroveMinder technology described at
http://www.techno.com/gminder3.htm (BTW, this
website is about to be overhauled, and so is this
file).

We're providing demos of the GroveMinder
technology only under nondisclosure agreements, at
least for now.  Let me know if you want to go that
route.  It includes a Python interface and an
on-the-fly HTML server written in Python (in
source code form).

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn@techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 231 4098 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 0004 x137)
fax    +1 972 994 0087 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 3152)

3615 Tanner Lane
Richardson, Texas 75082-2618 USA