[XML-SIG] XML-newbie says hello

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
10 Feb 1999 00:07:55 +0100

* Just van Rossum

| Is this list appropriate for questions about using the XML
| implementation(s) this sig has put forth?

Definitely. :)

| - Would any of you kind souls be willing to tell me which of the
| books advertized on the sigs homepage (or other books
| non-advertized) covers DTD-design in a comprehensible way?

David Megginsons 'Structuring XML Documents' is very good, and also
covers architectural forms (which may or may not be important, but can
be very useful). Note that the main focus is on designing DTDs for
documents and not for RPC/serialization/Beans Markup or any of that
new-fangled stuff.

| - What would be an appropriate forum for discussions about DTD design?

Like Fred says I think the newsgroups are the right places to go.

--Lars M.