[XML-SIG] Pyexpat

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:26:31 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Michael Tyrsted wrote:
> We are a couple of students that are trying to use webDAV in a
> project. For that reason we need a XML-parser in Python. We have
> downloaded PyXML-0.5.2.tar.gz found at
> http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/ . When we try to build the
> parser we get the following message:

It looks like you do not have the Python source on your machine. You need
that in order to build modules.

I see you're on SGI Irix, but on my RedHat box, I have installed the
"python" and "python-devel" packages. The latter package adds
/usr/lib/python1.5/config/ to my system. That directory contains the
necessary libraries, config files, and makefiles to build additional
Python extension modules (such as pyexpat).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/