[XML-SIG] Developer's Day

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:21:15 -0600

What's the point of standards if implementors violate them willy nilly?

It is totally wrong to only support the parts of standards that you feel
like and it is the sort of thing that makes me want to go and rip Bill
Gates' head off (when, as is often the case) Microsoft is the
perpetrator. I would be a total hypocrite if I held my friends and
favorite languages to a lower standard.

"You told us to use Python for this million dollar system but halfway
through its second day of operation someone fed us a well-formed XML
document that crashed it."

Three things never trust in: That's the vendor's final bill
The promises your boss makes, and the customer's good will
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html