[XML-SIG] qp_xml (was Developer's Day)

16 Dec 1999 16:28:57 +0100

* Andrew M. Kuchling

| If most of the SIG members think it's useful, then it should go in.
| I can't remember the reactions to qp_xml.py, whether favorable or
| unfavorable.  So what does everyone think?

Personally, I think qp_xml is a good idea. I doubt that I'll ever use
the DOM myself, mainly because it's so big, complex and ugly and
un-Pythonic. (This is not a complaint. Something designed to be
mappable to all programming languages is unlikely to fit well in a
language like Python.)

Something like qp_xml looks a lot more attractive to me and for
tree-based processing I'll probably use qp_xml, Pyxie or simply some
dead-simple module that I write myself.

Anyway, my opinion is that it should go in.

--Lars M.