[XML-SIG] Developer's Day

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:38:53 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > We need to come up with a position paper for developer's day, stating
> > what needs to be discussed.  Suggestions?  I'd propose focusing on
> > getting the XML-SIG package to 1.0, but that's just an idea.
>
> I don't see how the XML-SIG package can ever get to 1.0. Anybody can
> contribute code at anytime and thus far we've been totally flexible
> about putting it in. I think that's great. It just won't ever lead to a
> stable, carefully maintained, tightly interoperable package. Some of the
> maintainers of the individual pieces have probably lost interest and
> there is probably nobody that understands it all enough to integrate it
> nicely.

Flexible? That's not entirely true. I've offered up qp_xml.py for
inclusion twice now. The second time, I didn't even hear a single reply
about putting the thing into the distribution.

Sure, I have root access to the CVS repository. I can get it into the XML
distro :-) But that would be wrong. So I post here, and get nothing but
silence.

Who *is* responsible for determining yes/no for inclusion? And what are
the rules? If qp_xml is not valid for inclusion, then why not?

thx,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/