[XML-SIG] PyDOM performance

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@FourThought.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:07:49 -0500

Carey Evans wrote:

>   And, is it worth doing anything to PyDOM, or would I be better off
>   looking at 4DOM, for example?

I don't think you will get much speed increase (infact it may be slower) with
4DOM.  We wrote 4DOM more conscerned with meeting the W3c spec to the letter
then speed.

One note, we are going to rewite all of the tree stuff in 4DOM in Red Black or
avl tree in C by the end of the month or early next month which should give us
some speed increases.  At that we will do some serious bench marks netween the
2 and work out a pythonic interface.

Mike

--
Mike Olson