[XML-SIG] Py-ish PySax Suggestion #2

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:36:47 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Prescod writes:
 > I would like to suggest that we copy the *mllib start_foo convention for
 > PySAX. Here's what a HandlerBase.StartElement would look like for that:

  It was really fun to try to build just this on top of Java SAX; that
was my first real experience with Java reflection!  ;-)
  I think this makes a lot of sense for use without namespaces, but
not with namespaces.  (I'm not a fan of the "" namespace.)  Perhaps
the startElement() and endElement() should be implemented as a
subclass or filter?  It may even be reasonable to have it as SAX2
"feature" that can be tested or requested.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>