[XML-SIG] ANN: 4XSL 0.6.1

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:14:19 -0600

4XSL 0.6.0 was. as we found out, not very usable outside our purposes.  We've
been more careful testing and packaging 4XSL 0.6.1:

* We've added command line options to specify the style-sheets, ignore
PI-specified style-sheets, and validate the XML file
* Now debugging info is only printed if you set a special environment variable
* All XSL templates except for xsl:counter and its dependents have been
implemented.
* We've applied the usual and numerous bug-fixes

Thanks for all who gave feed-back, and were patient with 4XSL 0.6.0.  We're
announcing this version only to the python-xml list for now until we complete
xsl:counter and update against the latest XSL(T) draft.  However, please feel
free to distribute, discuss and use it as you wish, according to the license
(which is unchanged from 0.6.0 and much like Python).

4XSL is an XSL processor written in Python, using 4DOM.

This is really an alpha-level release, although we have used it successfully
to render our Web site (www.FourThought.com), which quite thoroughly exercises
the features.

You can download 4XSL file from

ftp:///starship.python.net/pub/crew/uche/4XSL/4XSL-0.6.1.tar.gz

See the README in the archive to get started.  Feedback welcome (to
4Web@fourthought.com).  All templates except for xsl:counter and dependents
are supported, and the full set of patterns.

Thanks for all the interest from this group.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants