[XML-SIG] DOM API

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:58:46 +0200

Greg wrote:
> No particular reason, although it will be somewhat slower if based on
> SAX. I see in drv_pyexpat.py that the startElement handler does a good
> bit of work before getting to the "real" start handler. It would be nice
> to skip that :-)  (honestly, though, I don't know what kind of overhead
> it creates).
>
> It might be nice to switch it to SAX and bench the pure pyexpat version
> against the SAX version.
>
> I do agree that SAX-based would be the Right Thing, but I'm also willing
> to trade that for speed since people can always use the DOM if they need
> to use a different, underlying parser (such as xmlproc).

one could imagine that once we've settled on an API,
there could be different implementations of the tree
builder...

perhaps the "qp API" could be turned into a "standard
python light-weight dom-like interface"?  and to get that
process started, maybe you could post an interface
summary?

Cheers /F
fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com