[XML-SIG] <url> checked and response attributes

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:56:55 -0400 (EDT)

  I seem to recall that the "checked" and "response" attributes of the
<url> element were added to XBEL to support stuff that's tracked by
MSIE.  Could someone please clarify the purpose of these attributes
for me?  My current understanding is that "checked" should store the
time when the browser last attempted to access the resource,
regardless of success.  Is the "response" attribute expected to store
the HTTP response code?  The code and the message?  Or something else?
How is it handled for resources not accessed via HTTP (omitted,
perhaps?)?
  I'm planning to send Andrew the public text of the DTD shortly for
updating the repository, but would like some clarification on these
attributes before that.
  The DTD will be assigned the public identifier:

	-//IDN python.org//DTD XML Bookmark Exchange Language 1.0//EN

  I'll start working on the documentation this weekend.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191