[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD

Marc van Grootel bwaumg@urc.tue.nl
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 15:33:39 +0200

> [Marc van Grootel]
> >Here's some stuff that could go into the beginning of the DTD.
> >
> >  <!ENTITY lt "&#38;#60;">
> >  <!ENTITY gt "&#62;">
> >  <!ENTITY amp "&#38;#38;">
> >  <!ENTITY apos "&#39;">
> >  <!ENTITY quot "&#34;">
> >

> Sean Mc Grath wrote:

> These are built-in in to all conforming XML parsers. There is no need to
> declare them.

Yes I know but the XML Rec. states that:

  [4.6 Predefined Entities]
  For interoperability, valid XML documents should declare these
  entities, like any others, before using them.

BTW I think it is a good idea to at least include the entities that
HTML includes. Netscape's bookmark file is HTML and maybe there are
others that store their bookmarks in HTML. It's silly if an
application translates something like &Auml; into &amp;uml;

> ..
> >I would like to suggest the following content models:
> >
> >  xbel     (title?,info?,desc?,(&SPAMCANS;)*
> >  folder   (title?,info?,desc?,(&SPAMCANS;)*
> >  bookmark (url,info?,desc?)
>
> This needs to be %SPAMCANS; (A parameter entity rather than a general
> entity reference.

Oops.

> Cheers,

Marc