[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD as a meta-dtd

Geir Ove Gronmo grove@infotek.no
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:37:25 +0200

At 17:13 16.09.98 +0200, Marc van Grootel wrote:
>So although a DTD can always be used as a meta-dtd I thought it would
>be nice if mapping from an instance to XBEL would be easy.

Yes, I also think that the XBEL DTD should be kept simple.

>But in the
>end I agree that structuring the DTD so that this would be easy puts
>too much strain on the design of XBEL.

This all depends on which DTDs you have in mind.

Some factors that come to my mind:

 o The similarity of the structure in the instance and the meta-DTD

 o Mapping between element content to element content is much easier that
mapping from element content to attribute values and vice versa (This is
not yet implemented in xmlarch, but will be soon).

 o Reordering is not possible (as far as I know).

Geir O.

|  STEP Infotek as, Gjerdrumsvei 12, 0486 Oslo, Norway  |
|        grove@infotek.no http://www.infotek.no/        |