[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD as a meta-dtd

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:40:23 -0400 (EDT)

Greg Stein writes:
>I'd highly recommend using a different DTD for generic URL extraction.
>XBEL is for _bookmark_ representation. The nice thing about XML is the

	Agreed; it seems to complicate XBEL, more than seems necessary
for a fairly simple application like maintaining a bookmark file.

>While on this point, somebody should establish the XBEL DTD somewhere
>(XML SIG page?) so that people can refer to it with a namespace
>declaration, then augment their tags with the namespace. For example:
><xbel:info ...>

	Good point, but I'm not sure at what URI it should live.
python.org/sigs/xml-sig/ isn't permanent; SIGs are supposed to die
when they've fulfilled their purpose, and the XML-SIG will probably do
so eventually.  That leaves somewhere in /topics/xml/; perhaps
/topics/xml/DTD/ can be used for such DTDs.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
prompt. n. (Unix) A symbol on the screen indicating which shell is attacking