[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:28:40 -0400 (EDT)

--y/dsR0gwNl

  I started working on Grail support for XBEL last night, and would
like to suggest a small change to the DTD.
  There doesn't appear any reason to make the info element or its
children required, so I suggest all three be made optional.  The
machine name, in particular, does not appear to be very useful.  I can
also envision shared-bookmarks applications where the owner may vary
from folder to folder, so I'd also allow info within each folder.
Allowing it in the folder makes the outermost info superfluous; an
info within the outermost folder would work just fine.  (I'll leave
the folder inside the xbel element, since there may be good reason for
adding things outside the folder in some applications.)  I've attached
the modified DTD below.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191

--y/dsR0gwNl

<!ELEMENT xbel     (folder)>
<!ATTLIST xbel
            version    CDATA   #IMPLIED

<!-- contents of info needs some more thought. Adding a meta    -->
<!-- element (like in HTML) makes this open-ended               -->

<!ELEMENT info    (owner?,machinename?)>
<!ELEMENT owner       (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT machinename (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT folder   (title, info?, desc?, (bookmark|folder|separator|alias)+)>
<!ATTLIST folder
            id       ID       #IMPLIED
            added    CDATA    #IMPLIED
            folded   (yes|no) 'yes'