[XML-SIG] DTDs..

Michael Sobolev mss@transas.com
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 21:54:56 +0400

On Fri, Sep 04, 1998 at 05:16:49PM +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> The content model of elements is parsed into a parse tree, converted to a
> non-deterministic finite automaton and then converted from there to a
> deterministic finite automaton. The original parse tree is then discarded,
> which means that you basically don't have any means of getting back to the
> original content model.
You meant that I likely to get an equivalent form?

> However, if you can tell me what it is you need I may add it to the next
> version. The current DTD interface is just what I needed to implement
> validation, and may not be optimal for other kinds of uses.
Basically, I need more documentation.  It is not obvious how to get all
defined elements, for example.  And more examples, if possible.  :)
What I want to know is how:

    to obtain the list of public identifiers from catalog;
    to parse a specific DTD (using its public or system id);
    to get DTD information for a given document.

Under DTD information I understand the list of elements (with theirs attributes)
and a way for figuring out how the elements may follow one another.  Having
written my previous message, I understood what the content_model is, and how
to make use of it.  I am only afraid that since it is not documented (and,
therefore, is not fixed) it may easily be changed should you find a different
way for validating XML files against DTD.

Mike