[XML-SIG] Useless fun thing for XML - comments or helpers?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 15:57:50 +0200

* Mark Hammond

>Then I'll have to knock up a tool to parse these back to a file
>structure on disk, and also something to generate a .html representation of
>the tree...

Sounds like a suitable project to learn SAX... :)

><!-- DTD for XBEL - XML Bookmark Exchange Language -->
>
><!ELEMENT XBEL     (INFO, NODE+)>
><!ELEMENT NODE     (NAME, BOOKMARK+)>

Maybe NODE should be called FOLDER? It took me a while to figure out
that that was what it was meant to be.

><!ELEMENT INFO     (OWNER, MACHINE, VERSION, DATE?)>

What are MACHINE and VERSION meant to contain?

Other than that it looks good to me. I'll be giving a course this
weekend and can probably make an Opera-to-XBEL converter (and vice versa)
while my students do their exercises. If I do I'll post it when it's done.

--Lars M.