[XML-SIG] Anything else to go in?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:15:30 -0400 (EDT)

Question for discussion:

	The Python/XML package currently contains SAX and DOM
interfaces, plus two parsers, plus xmlarch, plus some miscellaneous
things.  Is there anything else which needs to go into the package
before 1.0?

	http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/status.html lists the
following things:

	* The glue code required to use existing Java XML parsers from
JPython, and the appropriate documentation.

	* An XLL implementation that navigates a DOM tree
(LMG's XPointer parser is part of this.)

	* A module to marshal simple Python data types into XML.
There's still no obvious DTD to choose for this, though; I'm starting
to think that I should drop xml/marshal.py, and wait until version 1.1
of the package to add this; perhaps by then one DTD will have emerged
as the standard for doing this.

	If no one suggests anything else which needs to be added, then
1.0 will look essentially like the CVS tree + bugfixes + additional
docs, demos and test code.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.