[XML-SIG] XBEL documentation, draft

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:01:02 -0400 (EDT)

  I have a draft copy of the XBEL documentation.  It's available at:

	http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/xbel/doc/

  It is incomplete, but I am interested in comments.  I've attached
the current DTD below; the only change is that <info> now requires at
least one <metadata>.  Software that removes the last <metadata>
should discard the <info> as well.
  I don't recall that we reached resolution on the metadata stuff;
I'll leave it alone unless issues are brought up at this point.
  We also haven't reached a conclusion regarding the use of parameter
entities to make the DTD more easily extended; are there any remaining
issues there?  My inclination is to "do it right" to allow DTD reuse,
but there were sentiments that went the other way.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191