[XML-SIG] Namespaces in XML

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:38:58 -0400 (EDT)

  I think XML namespaces are a useful mechanism for identifying
embedded fragments of XML within XML documents which conform to
different DTDs, DCDs, XSchemas, or whatever is used to define document
types.  Use of namespaces has been proposed to embed metadata within
XBEL, and I support that application.
  However, I just took a look at recent traffic on the
xml-names-issues mailing list
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-issues/), and things
don't at all look like they're settling down, or at least that they
shouldn't.  Does anyone here have an "inside scoop" on the current
state of the draft?  I've read the 1998-09-19 draft roughly, and it
leaves me with a number of questions.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191