[XML-SIG] DOM: Multiple proxy problem

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:21:55 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew M. Kuchling writes:
 > 	The DOM spec doesn't actually mention ignorable whitespace,
 > presumably because the spec is concerned with navigating over an

  As we discussed, I'm remembering from an older draft of the DOM,
which included an attribute called something like
isIgnorableWhitespace.  I still think it's a good idea, but
appearantly there were problems with it.  It would most certainly be
useful.

 > But SAX loses some information, such as comments, so it can't be a
 > general solution.  You'd want parser-to-DOM drivers for PyExpat,

  As does DOM, based on the same discussion.  I don't have any problem
with additional interfaces on the Python DOM objects that allow
checking for things like ignorable white space, though, as long as
reasonable behaviors are defined for operations such as reparenting.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191