[XML-SIG] Extended DOM interface proposal.

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:24:53 -0500 (EST)

Fred L. Drake writes:
>  I propose the addition of three methods; these could be functions in
>a utility module just as easily.  Each method should accept a
>file-like object that supports at least the write() method.  The
>  Does anyone have any opinions as to whether these should be methods
>or utility functions?  As I think about it, using functions may make
>more sense, esp. since different functions may be needed for different
>SGML declarations.

	IMHO functions would be preferable, though it might be
workable if it only required a very small number of methods.  A small
number of methods doesn't appear likely, though, because of all the
many possible variations on output: SGML, XML, ESIS?  Pretty-printed
SGML/XML or not?  Etc...

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Your son's head is valuable to you, and I am attached to mine. Indeed,