[XML-SIG] Extended DOM interface proposal.

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:33:45 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
 > IMHO, using objects makes even more sense -- so why
 > not use the Visitor pattern?

  This would be fine for me.

 > 1. add an accept method which takes any object
 > implementing the DOMVisitor class as its single

  The DOMVisitor *class*?  Shouldn't that be interface?  Or was it
protocol?  ;-)

 > 2. the Visitor interface is probably identical to
 > the SAX API...

  SAX is insufficient; I'd at least like to preserve comments.

 > 3. which leads us back to the DOM->SAX question...

  Yes.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191