[XML-SIG] PCCTS in python: yapps.

Henk Jansen H.Jansen@math.tudelft.nl
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:32:01 +0100 (MET)

Amit Patel has built a python recursive/decendent parser-generator modeled after PCCTS
(http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/Yapps/). I'm using this tool currently for a
simulation modeling language and it is very nice and easy to understand tool indeed
(mainly, because it's all Python: no segmentation faults, bus errors etc. -- by the
way, I found ANTLR very slow in creating the grammar).

Personally, I would like to see more PCCTS-like features added to Yapps:

- LL(k), k>1
- semantic predicates
- ...

and maybe some critical parts written as compliled modules (which maybe
could be borrowed from PCCTS...?)

Hope this will help in finding a suitable XML/DOM parser-generator.

Henk.

---------
Alcibiades, when at the dinner table of Agathon: """When we listen to anyone else
talking, however eloquent he is, we don't really care a damn what he says ... I
have heard Pericles and al the other great orators ... but they never ... turned
my soul upside down. But this [Socrates] has often left me in such a state of mind
that I have felt that I simply could not go on living the way I did. He makes me
admit that while I am spending my time on politics I am neglecting all the things
that are crying for attention in myself."""

 | Henk Jansen   http://dutita0.twi.tudelft.nl/WAGM/people/H.Jansen.html |
 | Delft University of Technology             |  hjansen@math.tudelft.nl |
 | > Information Technoloy and Systems (ITS)  |      Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD |
 | >> Mathematics (TWI)                       |   Delft, The Netherlands |
 | >>> Applied Analysis (TA)                  | phone: +31(0)15-278-7295 |
 | >>>> Analysis of Large Scale Models (WAGM) | fax:   +31(0)15-278-7209 |