[XML-SIG] DOM Walker -> SAX

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 02:32:58 -0700

> This reminds me: the Java people have made a DOM walker that fires SAX
> events, called DOMParser. Is this something we want?

It sound interesting, but I'm at a loss to think up a serious need.  All I can
think of is if a user had invested a lot of effort in an app that was
originally designed to parse XML, that now needs to be plugged into the output
of another app that manipulates DOM-objects.  But is this a significant enough
need to provide more than the obvious solution of walking the DOM tree to
print out the doc, and then feeding this to the SAX app?

Perhaps I'm missing something.

--
Uche Ogbuji
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com	(970)481-0805