[XML-SIG] Value of namespaces (was RE: [XML-SIG] IPC7 results)

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
17 Nov 1998 19:03:15 +0100

* Wes Rishel

| Actually it is a large set of DTDs that will continue to evolve over
| the years. There are about 110 classes in the information model; the
| various permutations of them that would constitute the informatin
| structure for a single DTD runs to a much higher.

In this case I would recommend that you take a close look at
architectural forms, which lend something that is somewhat reminiscent
of OO inheritance to DTDs. Architectural forms also do many other
things that may be useful to you.

I would recommend anyone planning to do serious work with XML to take
a look at architectural forms. (Just as I would recommend anyone doing
serious programming to look at Python instead of stopping at Perl.)

--Lars M.