[XML-SIG] saxlib

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:16:28 -0500 (EST)

[I sent this to the main list by mistake, an error which makes my .sig
 quote sort of amusing.]

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
>Although one should be veeery careful with extending standards these
>extensions seem harmless enough to me. Might they cause any JPython
>problems? Anyone who can think of a reason why this should not be
>implemented or who has an opinion on this?

	The proposed extensions don't seem to be very difficult ones
to implement, and fairly harmless to SAX compatibility.  Paul Prescod
will doubtless let us know if they present problems for JPython.

	I assume that you're not standardizing the low-level
interfaces to modules in the parsers package; rather, the modules in
xml.parsers will implement what interface they like, and xml.sax and
xml.dom are stable adapters on top of these varying modules.  Correct?

A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Science itself, therefore, may be regarded as a minimal problem, consisting of
the completest possible presentment of facts with the least possible
expenditure of thought.
	-- Ernst Mach