[XML-SIG] xml-package comments

Rob Tillotson rob@io.com
22 Jun 1998 07:47:38 -0500

"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us> writes:
> 	And where should the sgmlop-aware versions of sgmllib and xmllib go?
> Should they also go in xml.parsers (even though sgmllib isn't an *XML* parser)?

Personally, I think they ought to replace the standard ones, or some
reasonable facsimile of same (i.e. arrange for them to be on sys.path
before the standard library), so that they can be used by existing
code without changes.  In my Debian package I "divert" the original
ones and write the new ones in their place, so that any program which
does "import xmllib" or "import sgmllib" will get the new ones without
changing anything.  I support a .pth file or something similar would
work, too.

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB			Internet: rob@io.com