[XML-SIG] XML testing

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:22:39 -0400 (EDT)

One of the things I really want to have in the first beta is
some sort of test suite; I expect that having it will help in shaking
out numerous bugs across different parsers and drivers.

The simplest test would be to have a little well-formed XML document,
and try parsing it via SAX; this would be as much of a test of the SAX
implementation as of the parser.  A more complete solution would be to
run through James Clark's XML test suite and verify the output, but I
don't think we can include the test suite in our distribution (it's
also fairly large).

	Any thoughts on this?

	(Having finally completed some long-overdue revisions to my
Web page, it's back to XML for me...)

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Gryphon, you are old. Your flesh is meat, and the meat is decaying. Your bones