[XML-SIG] Re: Mr. Nitpicker looks at saxlib

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 16:51:58 -0400 (EDT)

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
>I'm thinking of extending the Parser interface with some more methods
>that are not part of SAX 1.0 anyway, so perhaps we can do this in a
>more controlled fashion. My plan was to keep saxlib pure, but to add a
>number of optional methods in a subclass of saxlib.Parser in saxexts
>and implement these in all parser drivers.

	IMHO we really want to stay compatible with Java SAX, both for
ease of use with JPython, and to avoid confusion; renaming methods and
changing their signatures should be right out.  On the other hand,
Python-specific convenience functions and helpful subclasses are
good.  Your suggested extensions look fine.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Dad died in the last big earthquake to hit Pacific. It was like, after that,